Farm to Family
So, what is Farm to Family?
A new Chattanooga Area Food Bank initiative to collect locally grown produce and share it with our neighbors in need. Farm to Family supports local growers by creating a market for “seconds” or “number two’s”, while simultaneously increasing the availability of fruits and vegetables for the individuals and families we serve. This healthy produce is then distributed to those in need through the food bank’s 380 member network of partner agencies.
How does Farm to Family help the community?
- Increasing the availability of fresh and healthy foods for those with limited access
- Promoting better nutrition by encouraging our clients to make healthy food choices to improve their quality of life and health
- Contributing to our local economy by supporting our local farmers
How can I get involved?
- Grow a Row! Plant extra produce and donate the harvest to the Chattanooga Area Food Bank Monday – Thursday between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. , Friday 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. at 2009 Curtain Pole Rd. in Chattanooga. Fresh food donations are always welcomed.
- Give at Your Local Farmer’s Market. Look for the Chattanooga Area Food Bank at your local farmer’s market then buy extra produce at your favorite farm stand and drop it off at the Chattanooga Area Food Bank’s collection baskets. Markets currently participating include the Chattanooga Market on Sundays, St. Alban’s Farmers Market on Saturdays, and the Main Street Farmers Market on Wednesdays. New markets are coming soon!
Questions? Call our Garden Programs Coordinator at (423) 622-1800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.